About Tom Weaver, Founder and CEO, Wopida Group
On my life’s journey I have met up with many teachers for which I am grateful, and when I founded Wopida Group in 2006, to support a foundation I created, I began to dedicate my work to the memories and spirits of those teachers some of whom are now on the other side, including:
- My father, Paul Henry Weaver MD, his parents, N Elwood Weaver and Edna Eicher Weaver, the Eicher and Weaver/Weber ancestors that came from Germany in 1833 and 1751 respectively.
- My mom, Peg Weaver, born Margaret Mary Glessner, Findlay OH 6/3/1910 and who passed over 8/10/2007 Eden Prairie, MN, see: www.caringbridge.org/visit/pegweaver
- Bill Wilson, Vermont-born salesman and Dr Bob Smith, Vermont-born doctor-surgeon Akron OH co-founders of 12-step recovery program 20th C USA, my primary programs Alanon: www.al-anonfamilygroups.org & Debtors Anonymous: www.debtorsanonymous.org
- her parents, Harry Chappelear Glessner and Inez Chase Glessner and their Bixby, Nurse, Cowles, Chapelier/Chappelear, Glessner, ancestors who settled and lived in the Eastern USA beginning in 1638. www.garychappelear.com (click Chappelear Genealogy)
- Dr Bob Smith Vermont-born doctor-surgeon Akron OH founder of 12-step recovery program 20th Century, USA,
- Grandpa Frank Fools Crow, Oglala Lakota Chief and wichasha wakan, who I met in 1989 on his death bed and supported his family in creating his Kyle SD funeral at Little Wound School
- Rudy Runs Above and Joe Eagle Elk, early spiritual advisors of the Hollow Horn Bear Sundance, and all HHB sun dancers and supporters where I was led to pray beginning in 1990
- Perry Tilleraas, Blooming Prairie MN, sponsor/author of the Color of The Color of Light Daily Meditations For All Of Us Living With Aids 1988 Hazelden, on my path as a two-spirited man in recovery
I am a longtime volunteer in ManKind Project International which produces men's experiential trainings. Rick Gravrok, Cris Anderson and I went through the first MKP Minnesota weekend together in 1990.
- Value proposition of MKP that I resonate with: “We initiate men to live missions of service and integrity in our time” The ManKind Project® is an educational organization committed to empowering men to missions of service.
- The ManKind Project® is a progressive men's organization striving to be increasingly inclusive and affirming of cultural differences, especially with respect to color, class, sexual orientation, faith, age, ability, ethnicity, and nationality.
- The ManKind Project® offers trainings which support men in developing lives of integrity, accountability, and connection to feeling. Our trainings challenge men to develop their abilities as leaders, partners, fathers, and elders in order to offer their deepest gifts in service to the world.